The following is a list of positions Major General Avichai Mandelblit filled during his service in the IDF:
- 1985-1988: Military Prosecutor for the ground forces command southern division
- 1988-1990: Defense Attorney of the southern command ground forces
- 1990-1991: District Defense Attorney
- 1991-1992: Judge of a military court in the Gaza region
- 1993-1996: Senior assistant to the chief military prosecutor
- 1996-1997: Deputy Chief Military Prosecutor
- 1997-2000: Deputy to the head of the military courts of the ground forces southern command
- 2000-2003: Chief Military Defense Attorney
- 2003-2004: Deputy Military Advocate General
Major General Avichai Mandelblit is a holder of a bachelor's degree from Tel Aviv University and a master's degree from Bar Ilan University.
Major General Avichai Mendelblit is married with four children.